From the classroom, for the classroom
- Utilize student helpers for classroom tasks such as sharpening pencils and sorting papers
- Organize student supplies with baskets or chair pouches
- Use apps like ClassDojo or Seesaw to communicate with parents in a more efficient and accessible way
- Prepare for the next week’s assignments, papers, and materials on Thursday to save time in the morning
- Assign numbers to students for easy and reusable labeling of bins, cubbies, etc without writing names.
- Use Edulastic for efficient grading and alignment with standards.
- Provide daily learning and behavior objectives.
- Emphasize organization and assign classroom roles.
- Collaborate with other teachers
- Implement easy supply access, unit planning, and project playlists.
- Clearly explain procedures, expectations and use rubrics from day one and share joys and frustration with colleagues.
- Prioritize progress towards mastery over grading homework, use class strategies for sharing work and learning together.
- Reuse materials by laminating them.
- Practice self-care, be flexible and learn to say “no”.
- Use lesson plan templates and create a sub binder.
- Prioritize tasks, focus on important and necessary tasks.
Leave A Comment