The Rise Up Foundation awards grants to organizations that are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
While there is no set geographic limitation, the Foundation prefers grant funds to be used for programs and services that affect public schools in Orange County and the surrounding Southern California region.
The Rise Up Foundation has established minimum criteria that must be met for organizations to become eligible for grants. Currently consideration is limited to:
- Organizations and schools that provide opportunities for literacy improvement
- Organizations and schools supporting homeless families educational initiatives
Grant applications will be evaluated by the programs in which applicant organizations are engaged, the clients they serve, the procedures they use, the benefits and/or services they offer, the quality of their management, and general financing and fund-raising practices.
The Rise Up Foundation does not support annual campaigns or fundraising benefits, or provide funding for religious activities, program advertising, political parties, offices or candidates.
Please limit proposals and requests for funding to three (3) pages:
- The amount of money being requested, with a detailed explanation of how the funds will be used.
- A description of your organization, including a statement of the
organization’s purpose and objectives
- If the request is to support a specific project or initiative, please include:
- the needs your project intends to address
- the geographical area and population served
- a complete statement of the experience of the persons charged with
responsibility for the project
In addition to your request for funding, the following information must be included with your application:
- A copy of your 501(c) 3 tax-exempt letter from the Internal Revenue Service
- A list of your organization’s officers and directors, and their outside affiliations
- An audited financial report for the previous operating year
- An organizational budget for the current operational year (if your funding request is for a special project, the project budget should be included)
- A sample donor list showing federal (if applicable), corporate and foundation donors with amounts given for the past 12 months
- A sample newsletter or other recently published organizational collateral